Archive for April, 2010

Heart of Green Award Winners

Last week, 2011 Good And Green® Presenting Co-Sponsor The Daily Green, hosted its second annual Heart of Green Awards ceremony.   Sponsored by The Home Depot, the awards honor those people and organizations that take green to the mainstream—to the “heart” of the American people.  This year’s honorees included: Ted Danson (Lifetime Achievement), Jamie Oliver (The Food Revolutionary), Josie Maran (The Role Model), Dr. Philip Landrigan (The Guardian), Tracey Ryder and Carole Topalian (The Ground Breakers), John Flicker (The Steward), and Fred Schaeffer (The Local Hero). “The Heart of Green Awards celebrate individuals whose work is aligned with The Daily Green’s mission – to inspire real people to go green,” said Dan Shapley, editor of The Daily Green. “This year’s honorees embody that mission by championing some of today’s most important causes, including ocean conservation, healthy seasonal eating, urban parks creation and climate change.”

The ceremony was held at the LEED Gold-certified Hearst Tower in NYC, the site of the 2011 Good And Green®-The Green Marketing Conference, May 11 & 12, 2011.  For additional information about this year’s honorees, visit:

April 26, 2010 at 10:04 am

BBMG Launches ‘The Collective’

BBMG, sponsor of the 2008 Good And Green®-The Green Marketing Conference, has partnered with Passenger to create The Collective, the ‘first private online community for connecting conscious consumers with sustainable brands and related causes.’  Through online polls, discussions, idea storming and live meetings with entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, marketers and thought leaders, The Collective’s members could help shape the policies, practices, products and marketing campaigns of some of the nation’s most respected causes and socially responsible companies. “Our research shows that the most passionate consumers, the top 10 percent, actively shape the content and conversations consumed by the remaining 90 percent,” said popular Good And Green® speaker Mitch Baranowski, BBMG founding partner and chief creative officer. “Sustainable brands increasingly understand the opportunity of engaging these new consumers in co-creating products, campaigns and experiences that enhance our lives, embody our values and improve the world around us.”

The Collective is a paradigm shift—moving us from brand-driven monologues to ongoing creative dialogues and, according to Baranowski, “leveraging the power of social media, crowdsourcing and online collaboration to involve consumers at every key milestone, closing feedback loops and creating a virtuous cycle that drives insights, innovation and influence.  The Collective symbolizes what we call the ‘Age of Co-Creativity,’ and we believe it holds great promise for the future of branding and marketing.”

Formally in private beta, The Collective launched earlier this month and already has nearly 400 active members who meet criteria for socially-minded values and eco-friendly behaviors. Initially, BBMG will limit membership in the community to no more than 2,000 consumers. The community is the first tangible result of a strategic alliance between BBMG and Passenger to help sustainable brands harness the power of on-demand customer collaboration through a new approach to branding and marketing.  In addition to the ongoing collaboration with conscious consumers, BBMG also plans to use The Collective to release periodic trend reports, building on its highly regarded Conscious Consumer Reports with a new Conscious Consumer Index and more dynamic pulses on topics like most/least socially responsible companies, trustmarks, localism and green behaviors.

April 12, 2010 at 9:50 am

Share/Tweet/Link This!

Bookmark and Share
Register Now for Good And Green, May 11 & 12, 2011, NYC
Follow Good And Green on Twitter

Good And Green is on Twitter

Join our Good And Green LinkedIn Group


All content copyright 2008-2013 PME® Enterprises, LLC. PME®, PME-EVENTS, and Good And Green® are trademarks and servicemarks of PME® Enterprises, LLC.